Come and relax . . . .
Wake up to the sights and sounds of beautiful ocean and white water from every room in pet-friendly Pepperwood Mendocino Vacation Rental House; the gentle voice of the ocean a constant presence outdoors, and Russian Gulch State Park a short walk along a private lane.
We know that life can be stressful, and our goal is to make your stay a memorable and comfortable one.
We're located less than 2 miles north of Mendocino village, very close to the ocean. The house is nestled in the center of over an acre of lawn, terraced garden, and trees, a short walk on a private road to Russian Gulch State Park and its beach access. Occasional visitors include deer, turkeys, quail, and a fox.
- Dinner table and dinnerware for 8.
- Hi-Def Satellite 50" TV w/great audio, 3 DVD players, VCR, fast wireless DSL, copier, printer, 2 std satellite TVs. Dish TV's 'American Everything' + Sports pkgs.
- Huge fireplace stocked w/firewood, house heated by central heating.
- Large hot tub seats 6 next to back deck; back patio has BBQ & dining area. All on an acre+ of lawn, sprinkled with trees.
- Lots of private parking on circular driveway.
- Outdoor dining area, teak adirondacks, lawn croquet
- Outdoor gas grill, fully equipped;
- Washer, Dryer, iron, ironing board
Flea-less pets welcome!
3-Night Minimum Stay
Call: (877) 737-7789
No smoking in the house.
Overnight group size limited to 8 guests,
of which 6 can be adults.
Mendocino Coast Vacation House
Mendocino Headlands viewed
from the Pepperwood breakfast counter
Looking west from the bottom of the yard
- Visit the local beaches (Glass Beach, Russian Gulch State Park Beach, Jug Handle), museums, and hike the multitudes of park trails, & off-leash beach at Noyo Harbor.
- Visit an online website with a map of Russian Gulch State Park, showing the trails and how to get to the waterfall:
Things to do while staying at Pepperwood:
- Watch the waves crash into the rocks from south- and west-facing porches, all the bedrooms, the frontroom, kitchen, and computer area.
- Want to picnic? Drop by Tote Fete on Lansing in Mendocino village for their great sandwiches, then walk into Russian Gulch State Park for the picnic tables and fantastic views. Our vote for best, most under-used park on the Mendocino Coast!
- Walk or bike a short walk along a private road to Russian Gulch State Park, wade along its beach (see photo at the right), picnic at its extraordinary bluffs, and hike inland to its waterfall.
- Bike the wonderful haul road along the ocean just north of Ft. Bragg, a scant 8 miles or so north of Pepperwood.
- Grill fresh fish on the BBQ from Noyo Harbor out in the huge yard,
relaxing at the outdoor dining table.
- Check out the closet stocked with adult and kids games & toys, including Scrabble, Monopoly, dominos, cards, balls, & rubber dinosaurs.
- Watch DVDs on the 50" hi-def TV with a gorgeous sound system. Our 100+ library contains movies such as old Hitchcock, Talented Mr. Ripley, Mars Attacks, The Last Waltz, and Princess Bride. Pepperwood cable TV gets most premium movie channels.
- Bicycle backroads northward to Pt. Cabrillo Lighthouse.
- Play no-boundaries croquet all over the yard.
- Listen to the waves under the stars in the hot tub at night. Deer sometimes feed in the yard while you're in the hot tub.
- Occasionally hear seals barking, usually hear frogs.
- Over coffee at the breakfast bar, watch whales spouting during migration.
- Stroll the Mendocino galleries and sample the magnificent offerings from some of the best restaurants on the Northern California Coast.
20x20 Cal King Bedroom views of the garden
Cal King Bedroom, 20x20 w/outdoor access
Living room 20x35, w/50" hi-def sat TV
Cal King Bedroom , 16x17,
access to deck & hot tub
Walk 1/4 mile along the private road to Russian Gulch
State Park beach, picnic areas, and water fall
Backyard B-B-Q & dining area
Living room seating consists of 3 full-size couches
and a love seat
Dining area seats up to 8
Queen Bedroom - 12x14 w/ sat TV
Board games, puzzles, dinosaurs, trains, decks of cards, coloring books, all Harry Potter books & DVDs, lots of younger child DVDs, and a croquet set
or email us:
Kitchen has under-counter TV & DVD player
Much appreciated comments from a few vacationers at Pepperwood:
" . . . With the wonderful weather, we had a spectacular time as always. We love the peace and quiet of the house, the views, and the space. The location is perfect. It is a very special place . . . " (JP, Millbrae, CA)
". . . Everything was perfect, and I have already told all my neighbors they should consider Pepperwood for their next getaway... (C.B.)
". . . We have had a fabulous time and look forward to our return in November...you have a wonderful gem of a property at Pepperwood."
TW (NY and CA)