Come and relax . . . .
Wake up to the sights and sounds of beautiful ocean and white water from every room in pet-friendly Pepperwood Mendocino Vacation Rental House; the gentle voice of the ocean a constant presence outdoors.
We know that life can be stressful, and our goal is to make your stay a memorable and comfortable one.
We're located less than 2 miles north of Mendocino village, close to the ocean. The house is nestled in the center of over an acre of lawn, terraced garden, and trees, a short walk on a private road to Russian Gulch State Park and its beach access. Occasional visitors include deer, turkeys, quail, and a fox.
- Dinner table and dinnerware for 8.
- Hi-Def Satellite 50" TV w/great audio, 2 DVD players, VCR, wireless DSL, fax, copier, printer, 2 std satellite TVs. Dish TV's 'American Everything' + Sports pkgs.
- Huge fireplace stocked w/firewood, house heated by central heating.
- Large hot tub seats 6 next to back deck; back patio has BBQ & dining area. All on an acre+ of lawn, sprinkled with trees.
- Lots of private parking on circular driveway.
- Outdoor dining area, teak adirondacks
- Outdoor gas grill, fully equipped; challenging lawn-croquet.
- Washer, Dryer, iron, ironing board
- Well-behaved, flea-less pets are
3-Night Minimum Stay
Call: (877) 737-7789
No smoking in the house.
Overnight group size limited to 8 guests,
of which 6 can be adults.
Mendocino Coast Vacation House
Mendocino Headlands viewed
from the Pepperwood breakfast counter
Looking west from the bottom of the yard
- Visit the local beaches (Glass Beach, Russian Gulch State Park Beach, Jug Handle), museums, and hike the multitudes of park trails, & off-leash beach at Noyo Harbor.
- Visit an online website with a map of Russian Gulch State Park, showing the trails and how to get to the waterfall:
Things to do at Pepperwood:
- Watch the waves crash into the rocks from south- and west-facing porches, all the bedrooms, the frontroom, kitchen, and computer room.
- Want to picnic? Drop by Tote Fete on Lansing in Mendocino village for their great sandwiches.
- Walk or bike a short walk along a private road to Russian Gulch State Park, wade along its beach (see photo at the right), picnic at its extraordinary bluffs, and hike inland to its waterfall.
- Grill fresh fish on the BBQ from Noyo Harbor out in the huge yard,
relaxing at the outdoor dining table.
- Check out the closet stocked with adult and kids games & toys, including Scrabble, Monopoly, dominos, cards, balls, & rubber dinosaurs.
- Watch DVDs on the 50" hi-def TV with a gorgeous sound system. Our 80+ library contains movies such as old Hitchcock, Talented Mr. Ripley, Mars Attacks, and Princess Bride. Pepperwood cable TV gets most premium movie channels.
- Bicycle backroads northward to Pt. Cabrillo Lighthouse.
- Play no-boundaries croquet all over the yard.
- Listen to the waves under the stars in the hot tub at night. Deer sometimes feed in the yard while you're in the hot tub.
- Occasionally hear seals barking, usually hear frogs.
- Over coffee at the breakfast bar, watch whales spouting during migration.
- Stroll the Mendocino galleries and sample the magnificent offerings from some of the best restaurants on the Coast.
20x20 Cal King Bedroom views of the garden
Cal King Bedroom, 20x20 w/outdoor access
Living room 20x35, w/50" hi-def sat TV
Cal King Bedroom , 16x17,
access to deck & hot tub
Walk 1/4 mile along the private road to Russian Gulch
State Park beach, picnic areas, and water fall
Backyard B-B-Q & dining area
Living room seating consists of 3 full-size couches
and a love seat
Dining area seats up to 8
Queen Bedroom - 12x14 w/ sat TV
Board games, puzzles, dinosaurs, trains, decks of cards, coloring books, all Harry Potter books & DVDs, lots of younger child DVDs, and a croquet set
or email us:
Kitchen, with new major appliances & kitchenware
Much appreciated comments from a few vacationers at Pepperwood:
" . . . With the wonderful weather, we had a spectacular time as always. We love the peace and quiet of the house, the views, and the space. The location is perfect. It is a very special place . . . " (JP, Millbrae, CA)
". . . Everything was perfect, and I have already told all my neighbors they should consider Pepperwood for their next getaway... (C.B.)
". . . We have had a fabulous time and look forward to our return in November...you have a wonderful gem of a property at Pepperwood."
TW (NY and CA)